Iguana Jerk Seasoning
– 6 spring onions
– 1-3 tbsp Iguana Gold-Island Pepper Sauce
– 2 tsp allspice berries or 1 tsp ground allspice
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
– 2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp grated nutmeg
– 1 tsp brown sugar
– 1 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup cane vinegar or distilled (white) malt vinegar
– 1 tbsp oil
The traditional method is to crudely mash all the ingredients up with a mortar and pestle, then adding the Iguana Gold and use to marinate the meat, discarding any large bits of spring onion, etc, before cooking.
To make it easier, you can use a blender to reduce all the ingredients to a thick paste.
Great for chicken, pork and seafood.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Makes about 2/3 cup