Buddy Guy’s Seafood Okra Gumbo
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb sliced okra, frozen is fine
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 cups shrimp or fish stock(make your own with the shrimp shells or use fish flavor bouillon cubes, such as Knorr’s, found in the soup aisle at the supermarket)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lb crabmeat
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. of any of our Cayenne Hot Sauce
- Hot cooked rice
Heat oil in dutch oven or large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Add onion, bell pepper and okra, cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add tomatoes, garlic, about 3 cups of stock, Cajun seasoning and salt.
Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in shrimp, crabmeat, parsley and hot sauce.
Cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
Add additional stock if gumbo is too thick.
Serve over hot rice.
Enjoy with garlic bread and your favorite cold brew!